Thursday, January 8, 2009

The usual insanity

Today was Super Dave day and Mediocre Lindso afternoon. Dave busied himself around the house this morning before he went to work cleaning up and vacuuming etc etc. While this isn't a daily activity for him he does get into these moods and that's rather impressive. He brought up the empty Christmas boxes so that we could disassemble Christmas and bring on V-day. Well actually I'm the only one who cares if the house is decorated for Valentines Day but whaaaatever. Back to the point: I on the other hand...played with the bebes all afternoon...and then played with her some more. In my defense I did feed her 2-3 square meals and give her a bath but I still feel like I accomplished nothing today. Looking around though maybe I'm being a little hard on myself. Usually I'm the "Lindso, you're awesome" pep talker so this whole "have you reached your potential today" attitude is new for me. I'm perfectly content meeting and not exceeding expectations on my days off. I moved a small dresser downstairs and reorganized my husbands entire video game collection. I also paid the bills which heck...those are an exhausting task I think paying bills is enough to fill any one's day. Except maybe those suckers who have no credit debt or financial stress to deal with. Those folks don't know what their missing I mean seriously...THE JOY...annnywho I'm over it.

I think I've hit a new low when I marked in my post here that I paid bills today because seriously how lame and unexciting do you have to be to discuss paying your bills. Lets come full circle here....did I do anything with my day? Whooowheee.

Tomorrow I'm going to need some motivation to go out and run errands. I SHOULD go to the mall but I could probably postpone that till Monday but I will be hitting up the fancy fancy Target and possibly some Costco. Dang I love Costco talk about Disneyland for adults. (I guess a reference to some sort of Adult Superstore could be made here but I wasn't going to go there...and now I'm going there...dang it)! Don't you hate that you aren't supposed to punctuate inside the parentheses. That totally blows and really makes my point less pointy. Regardless I have a coupon for laundry detergent at Costco that is buuuurnin a whole in my pocket. Seriously...it's getting intense.

I think maybe I'm rambling in an attempt to stay conscience and functioning till Dave gets home from work. The other day he told me he was upset he doesn't have a nickname on my blog. I'm unsure what to call him other than Dave or Husband. TSC who introduced us used to call him DRJ and while I do refer to him as such its not a very cool blog nickname. I read other blogs and the writers have whole imaginary worlds and names devoted to all of their family members. While I do try to avoid using much external family members here without permission I think coming up with a name for the 75 plus people I may or may not discuss who are part of my daily/weekly/monthly life is exhausting. (So was that last sentence...aka run-on) I would need a reference guide just to keep them all straight. Maybe as my deep undying love for him grows stronger some sort of love bug nickname will surface. Isn't "Dave" romantic enough? Geeeeze! :)

Captain
Comrade
Cupcake
Kittycoosies
Bubba
Steve (mock neck of course)
Love Muffin
Pumpkin Face
Starshine
Buttercup
Babe
Hoooney
Schnookums
Husbando

Someday I will come up with a whole book dedicated to arbitrary nicknames you can use to refer to people.

I just had a thought that will only make sense to I think 4 people on early.....glove glove scarf button zip button pat pat pat pat smoooooth.

Unrelated and mean....moving on.

Earlier today the Mill Bill was snuggling with a stuffed monkey that I had taken out for the bebes to play with. Needless to say the bebes had no interest but Milli was smitten. Probably because it has about the same amount of hair as she does.

Dave's parents got this:

For the bebes this Christmas. Let me tell you it is by far the loudest most annoying toy and our child LOVES IT. Which means WE LOVE IT too. It's actually really cute it blows air and makes all the different parts move. You push the red ladybug and it activates. It has I think 3 songs and one of them sounds so close to the 1987 Mega Man music. Anyway I have flashbacks to bringing my brother Robbie ham sandwiches while he works diligently to win a game of Zelda because while I had Nintendo games I liked and video games are cool....the 1980's and 90's were primarily dedicated to helping Robbie rescue Princess Toadstool and conquer the world of RPG. Mario reined supreme and Sonic the Hedgehog helped pass the time. I know I'm mixing about 50 different genres but trust me I do know what I'm talking about...and it's rather sad...and rereading has brought me back to how I'm as usual....OFF TOPIC.

Oh well Dave's almost home and I need some husband/wife time....

Till tomorrow....Or the next day....Or the next... My consistency is a little off. It always is. There are many to blame for this but I'll try not to throw stones.

No comments: